In this episode of The Family Matters First Podcast we discuss what Cosmo say about why people should get married and what the Creator of marriage says about why people should get married.
Why Do People Get Married according to Cosmo:
- It makes it official give your relationship more substance
- You are more likely to stick out tough times
- You will feel and act like a team
- You will become more relaxed and grounded
- It shows how important your partner is
- There are practical benefits like tax advantages
- You will do ‘it’ more
Why Do People Get Married according to the Bible:
We go to the very creator of marriage…God.
For transformation go to Philippians 2:5 & Romans 12:1-2
- Have a heart full of compassion for people that have wrecked
- Construct guard rails and remove obstacles
- Teach the drivers how to drive
Genesis 2:21-24 shows the Priority, Permanence, and the Purpose
Priority– the highest of human relationships is mate to mate
Permanence– What God has put together let not man put asunder- til death do us part. People that stay married and get divorced have the same problems. The difference is not in the problem but in the commitment.
LIFE IS HARD ENOUGH, DON’T FIGHT WITH EACH OTHER
We want to hear from you!
Email us at Podcast@FamilyMattersFirst.org with your feedback about today’s show.
Thanks for Listening! May We Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.